The smell of smoke from Florida and Georgia's wildfires is making eyes burn and causing breathing difficulties for many. Authorities are encouraging everyone to limit the time spent outdoors. So what can you do? Why not try one of these fun INDOOR activities:
- Wannado City will have you wanting to be a kid again. The trend-setting children's attraction in Fort Lauderdale is a great alternative for tots through pre-teens.
- Cutting-edge virtual reality technology and classic Disney imagination await guests when they step inside DisneyQuest, a five-story, indoor interactive theme park where you can spend hours in air conditioned comfort.
- You don't have to go round and round trying to find a place to get cool (and stay out of the smoke) in Florida... well, actually, you do go round and round, but you do so while you get cool at Florida's ice skating rinks and arenas.
- Florida's museums and science centers offer interactive displays and a glimpse into art and history of the state... and most exhibits are inside. You can even run away for a day at the Ringling Circus Museum in Sarasota!
- Come hungry and ready for plenty of foot-stompin' fun when you take in Dolly's version of dinner theatre at Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede in Orlando. There's 32 horses and dozens of cast members to entertain while you eat a meal as big as the show!
- Encounter the wonders of Florida sea life while visiting the Tampa Bay area at The Florida Aquarium.
- Through a combination of both traditional and interactive exhibit areas, the World Golf Hall of Fame educates and entertains while paying homage to the game's greatest players and contributors. If you love golf, it's worth the visit!