About.com's Budget Travel Guide, Mark Kahler, lets you in on several of his money-saving travel ideas in his article Airport Parking on a Budget. One of his ideas suggests spending money on an airport hotel room that also allows from a few days to a couple of weeks of free parking. Mark says you'll feel rested when you catch your flight out, and when you come back from your trip, there will be no huge parking bill awaiting. Now you can take advantage of Mark's money-saving tip because many hotels in Florida are offering these packages. Here are a few:
- ParkSleepFly.com lists a variety of Orlando hotels offering special stay and park packages with free parking available from 7 to 14 days. ParkSleepFly.com also offers stay and park packages in Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers, Jacksonville, Miami and Tampa.
- The Holiday Inn Hotels - Resorts offers a "Park And Fly" Package with details varying at each hotel. Stay one or more nights and park your vehicle for the duration of your trip.
- The Clarion Airport Hotel & Conference Center in Jacksonville offers "Park & Cruise" and "Park & Fly" packages. Enjoy a one-night stay with full service accommodations along with FREE PARKING for up to 14 days for $99.00, single or double occupancy. Packages include complimentary transportation to and from Jacksonville International Airport and JAXPORT Cruise Terminal.
- The Doubletree Hotel near Tampa International Airport offers a "Night Before Flying" package for $89 that includes free hotel parking throughout your trip and a complimentary airport shuttle.
- Ft. Lauderdale's Hampton Inn offers "Park, Stay n' Go" packages for Fort Lauderdale Airport and Port Everglades Cruise Ship Terminals. Call 954-524-9900 for further details.
- The Holiday Inn Express in Tampa offers a "Park 'n Cruise" package with overnight accommodations and free parking for the duration of your cruise. However, you must make your own arrangements for transportation to and from the cruise port and that cost is between $55 and $100 each way.
- The Wingate Inn Tampa North offers a "Park 'n Cruise" that includes overnight accommodations and free parking for the duration of your cruise. However, you must make your own arrangements for transportation to and from the cruise port and that cost is between $55 and $100 each way.
- Miami Airways Inn and Suites Airport Hotel offers an Internet special, Port of Miami Cruise Ship Packages offering free shuttle to the Port of Miami to all cruise ships. They also offer "Park and Fly" with parking at $4.00 a day.