Seniors and those soon-to-be-seniors Baby Boomers, who grew up with Walt Disney World have discovered that you never outgrow it. Despite an abundance of kid-friendly attractions, they have discovered there is also a grown-up side to this vacation land. They can set a less hectic pace and take in leisurely meals, golf lessons or a spa treatment, or beautiful gardens.
Of course, you can ride Space Mountain like they did 20 years ago if you wish, just to prove to your kids you're as hip as ever. But, if you march to a slower vacation beat nowadays, here are a few best bets with a "grown up" slant:
There are six superb courses, private and group lessons, and equipment rental.
Disney's Bay Lake was stocked with 70,000 bass in the 1960s. Anglers can take a guided, two-hour expedition (no license required and gear is available). Bass up to 12 pounds have been recorded.
What an adventure. More than 200 shops offering interesting and unusual merchandise from around the world are located throughout the property.
- ~Victoria & Albert's is the creme de la creme dining experience. This intimate restaurant in Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa offers impeccable service and a menu that changes daily. Expensive, but worth it for a special night on the town.
~Enjoy authentic Polynesian dancing at Disney's Polynesian Resort's Polynesian Luau. It's a night in the Pacific with a cast from the South Pacific and tropical delicacies.
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort has a 1.4-mile promenade around its lake. Fort Wilderness offers a 2.3-mile course with exercise stations, and the walkways of Disney's Dixie Landings Resort are perfect for long strolls. Guided Tours
- ~Gardens of the World focuses on landscaping at Epcot, and includes tips on gardening.
~Hidden Treasures of World Showcase explores the art, architecture, costumes, customs, landscape and entertainment of Epcot World Showcase. Guests tour backstage to see how entertainment illusions are created.
Indulgence knows no boundaries with the pampering guests receive at the two full-service spas The Spa at Disney's Saratoga springs Resort and The Grand Floridian Spa & Health Club.
- ~Epcot World Showcase offers a mile-long stroll around World Showcase Lagoon with dining and shopping experiences. Many seniors enjoy chatting with the World Showcase ambassadors, college students from around the globe on loan to Disney for one year.
~Disney-MGM Studios can help you relive the heydays of Hollywood. Favorite attractions include:
- The Great Movie Ride, "Fantasmic!"
The Magic of Disney Animation
Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
~Disney's Animal Kingdom is an adventure. Seniors can explore at their own pace as they experience live entertainment and nature.
This is a great place to stroll, shop, dine and just sit and people-watch.
- ~La Nouba is a Cirque du Soleil® production you can see only at Downtown Disney West Side.
So, when the kids move out... even though the gray hair is moving in... get moving to Walt Disney World. It has grown up too... and now it may be just right for you!