- The biggest event of the spring season kicks off at Universal Studios in February — Mardi Gras. Celebrate with extravagant parades, live concerts and music, high energy street performers, authentic Cajun cuisine and beads for everyone at this over-the-top street party, held on select evenings in February, March and April at Universal Studios.
The 2011 Mardi Gras celebration kicks off February 12, and is scheduled to include concert performances by a diverse group of performers, including the B-52s, the Roots and the Beach Boys.
- The monthly cocktail party/live concert held at Hard Rock Hotel's Velvet Sessions on the last Thursday of every month continues in February. Velvet Sessions parties are $29-35 per person, and you must be 21 to attend. Rock group Sugar Ray will perform in February 2011, part of the venue's 10th anniversary celebration.
There's a reason vacationers travel to Florida in the winter — the weather. Expect to enjoy comfortable temperatures during the day and evening, and pack a light jacket, just in case.
Even though the weather is ideal in February, expect lower than normal crowd levels when you visit Universal Studios this month. Use the front of the line pass option if you need to, but plan on enjoying most of your favorites without a huge wait.
- Book a romantic meal at Mythos and celebrate Valentine's Day with an unforgettable meal in an unforgettable location.
- Take advantage of the lower crowd levels and explore the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at your leisure.
- This is one of the best times of year for thrill-seekers to visit Universal Studios — you'll be able to pack in plenty of rides each day.
- Even though you're heading to Florida, you'll still need a jacket! It can get cold in the evenings.
- While the parks won't be busy, special events like Mardi Gras will draw extra crowds, so be prepared for more of a wait on Mardi Gras party nights.
- Some areas may be closed for refurbishment or updating during your off-season visit, so plan accordingly.