August WeatherAverage Temperatures
- Daytona Bch: High 90°-Low 73°
- Fort Myers: High 92°-Low 74°
- Jacksonville: High 89°-Low 72°
- Key West: High 90°-Low 79°
- Miami: High 87°-Low 78°
- Orlando: High 92°-Low 73°
- Panama City: High 89°-Low 71°
- Pensacola: High 90°-Low 74°
- Tallahassee: High 92°-Low 73°
- Tampa: High 90°-Low 75°
- West Palm Bch: High 90°-Low 75°
- Daytona Beach
- Fort Myers
- Key West
- Panama City
- West Palm Beach
Average Water Temperatures
The water temperature for the Gulf of Mexico (West Coast) and the Atlantic Ocean (East Coast) is consistantly in the mid-80s.
Best Time to GoEven though historically this is one of the most crowded months at the theme parks, most Florida schools are back in session by mid-month, leaving the attractions to out-of-state vacationers. Depending on the area you are visiting, August temperatures are hot, hot, hot! The hurricane season began June 1, but this month begins to see more tropical activity. Keep a watchful eye on weather forecasts, but know that few storms actually make landfall.
- Disney World in August Tips
- Universal Orlando in August Tips
- Heat Stress Symptoms
- How to Beat the Florida Heat
- Hurricane Information
August EventsCaladium Festival (Moved to July) - Lake Placid hosts a Caladium Festival to celebrate the crop and their title of Caladium Capital of the World. Caladium displays are featured downtown and in nearby subdivisions, there are bus rides to the caladium fields and caladium crafts are plentiful.
Immerse yourself in any of Florida's numerous water parks that are overflowing with cool summer fun!