February WeatherAverage Temperatures
- Daytona Beach: High 71°-Low 49°
- Fort Myers: High 77°-Low 55°
- Jacksonville: High 67°-Low 44°
- Key West: High 76°-Low 66°
- Miami: High 73°-Low 63°
- Orlando: High 74°-Low 51°
- Panama City: High 65°-Low 41°
- Pensacola: High 64°-Low 45°
- Tallahassee: High 67°-Low 42°
- Tampa: High 72°-Low 54°
- West Palm Beach: High 76°-Low 58°
- Daytona Beach
- Fort Myers
- Key West
- Panama City
- West Palm Beach
Average Water Temperatures
The water temperature for the Gulf of Mexico (West Coast) ranges from the high 50s to high 60s. The Atlantic Ocean (East Coast) waters average mid-to-high 50s from Central Florida north. The beaches to the south - West Palm Beach, Miami and The Keys - are always several degrees warmer than those in North Florida.
Best Time to Go
- Florida's mild climate extends into the winter months, but there is a chance for cold temperatures – even frost – during the first half of the month in North and Central Florida.
- Attendance at Disney World is typically the least crowded the first week in February. Expect moderate crowds the second week of February until Presidents' week which is one of the most crowded weeks. The same holds true for most other theme parks and attractions. More Disney World in February tips.
- Find out how to navigate Universal Orlando in February and what day of the week to avoid crowds during the month.
February EventsValentine's Day in Florida - Romance-inspired activities and getaways for this special day of cupids and hearts.
Bands, Brew & BBQ (February 9-10, 16-17, 23-24 and March 2-3, 9-10 & 16-17, 2013) - This popular event will again rock from SeaWorld Orlando (on Saturdays and Sundays) to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (on Sundays Feb 10 to Mar 3).
Florida Renaissance Festival (Weekends February 9 thru March 17, 2013) - Browse through enchanted crafts villages, applaud hundreds of period performers, cheer valiant knights, enjoy continuous entertainment, birds of prey and food fit for a king. Five weekends in February and March at Deerfield Beach.
Florida State Fair (February 7-18, 2013) is a showcase for the best Florida has to offer. It is held each February in Tampa, Florida.
Florida Strawberry Festival (February 28 thru March 10, 2013) - This annual Plant City event, held around the first two weeks of March, features live nationally known country entertainment, a midway full of rides, livestock exhibits, and strawberries made every way you like them.
Lake Worth Street Painting Festival (February 23 & 24, 2013) - Guests can stroll the downtown streets of Lake Worth to view this annual chalk art street painting contest.
Silver Spurs Rodeo (February 15-17, 2013) - The largest rodeo east of the Mississippi, draws some of the baddest bulls and cowboys in the business. Located in Kissimmee, just a few miles from Central Florida's theme parks.
Universal Orlando Mardi Gras (Saturdays & Select Nights - February 9 thru April 20, 2013) - Universal Orlando will be transformed into the "Big Easy" with its annual one-of-a-kind Mardi Gras celebration every Saturday night.