March WeatherAverage Temperatures
- Daytona Bch: High 76°-Low 54°
- Fort Myers: High 80°-Low 59°
- Jacksonville: High 73°-Low 50°
- Key West: High 79°-Low 69°
- Miami: High 73°-Low 63°
- Orlando: High 79°-Low 56°
- Panama City: High 71°-Low 47°
- Pensacola: High 70°-Low 52°
- Tallahassee: High 74°-Low 48°
- Tampa: High 76°-Low 58°
- West Palm Bch: High 79°-Low 62°
- Daytona Beach
- Fort Myers
- Key West
- Panama City
- West Palm Beach
Average Water Temperatures
The water temperature for the Gulf of Mexico (West Coast)and the Atlantic Ocean (East Coast) range from the low 60s to middle 70s.
Best Time to Go
- Spring is definitely in the air in March with flowers blooming and temperatures that nearly reach the 80s in many regions, but the nights can be oh so pleasant.
- Everyone goes Irish on St. Patrick's Day (March 17) at Walt Disney World Resort. Epcot's United Kingdom pavilion marks the occasion with Irish dining and dancing, plus special appearances by a leprechaun or two. Don't forget to wear green!
- All of the Disney World theme parks stay open late during the two weeks around the Easter holiday. This is an extremely busy time to visit. The same holds true for most other theme parks and attractions.
- More Disney World in March tips.
- Universal Orlando in March tips.
March EventsBands, Brew & BBQ (February 9-10, 16-17, 23-24 and March 2-3, 9-10 & 16-17, 2013) - This popular event will again rock from SeaWorld Orlando (on Saturdays and Sundays) to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (on Sundays Feb 10 to Mar 3).
Bike Week - Daytona Beach (March 8-17, 2013) - Motorcycle enthusiasts converge on Daytona Beach each spring for one of America's most popular motorcycle festivals.
Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival (March 6 to May 19, 2013) - Walt Disney World Resort hosts the annual Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival that promises some 30 million blooms! The roses, wildflowers, topiaries and herb gardens will flourish for a seven-week run that is absolutely breathtaking.
Florida Strawberry Festival (February 28 thru March 10, 2013) - This annual Plant City event, held around the first two weeks of March, features live nationally known country entertainment, a midway full of rides, livestock exhibits, and strawberries made every way you like them.
Florida Renaissance Festival (February 9 thru March 17, 2013) - Browse through enchanted crafts villages, applaud hundreds of period performers, cheer valiant knights, enjoy continuous entertainment, birds of prey and food fit for a king. Five weekends in February and March at Deerfield Beach.
Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg (March 22-24, 2013) - Witness Indy-style street racing with high fences, tight turns and roaring race cars.
The Miami International Film Festival (March 1-10, 2013) brings to South Florida some of the best-crafted films from around the world, this spring event showcases some of the hottest movies from a variety of genres and countries.
Universal Orlando Mardi Gras (Saturdays & Select Nights - February 9 thru April 20, 2013) - Universal Orlando will be transformed into the "Big Easy" with its annual one-of-a-kind Mardi Gras celebration every Saturday night, with additonal dates on Suinday, February 14 and Friday, April 9.