Note: Campgrounds are listed by exit numbers east to west, beginning with Daytona Beach and ending in Tampa. Exit numbers are based on highway mile markers, so major Central Florida attractions are noted to help judge distance from campgrounds. Campgrounds listed are no more than two or three miles off I-4 for easy overnight access and were chosen by personal camping experience, observation or positive camping reviews from others.
Exit 114 (SR 472)
Orange City, FL
- Orange City RV Resort, 2300 E. Graves Ave., Orange City - Nice pet-friendly rv resort located just 25 miles from Daytona Beach and 35 miles from Orlando's attractions. Lots of activities, including mini golf. Phone 386-775-2545 or toll free 800-545-7354.
Exit 104 (US 17/92)
- Town & Country RV Resort, 5355 Orange Blvd., Sanford - This is adult, gated community with some park models. Daily, weekly and monthly rates with 10% discount to those 55 and over. Phone 407-323-5540.
Exit 75A (Universal Orlando)
Exit 72 (SeaWorld Orlando)
Exit 68 (SR 535)
- Kissimmee/Orlando KOA, 2644 Happy Camper Place, Kissimmee (off US 192) - This campground is as close as you can get to the attraction action — near SeaWorld and Universal Orlando and Disney World. Amenities include swimming pool, hot tub, sauna and wireless Internet connection. Cable television available with additional charge. Phone 407-396-2400 for information and 800-562-7791 for reservations.
- Exits 67, 65, 64B & 62 (Disney World)
Exit 55 (US 27)
- Fort Summit KOA Campground, 2525 Frontage Road, Davenport - Well-kept and clean campground close to Disney World and other Orlando attractions. Campground offers free shuttle transportation to Disney World, SeaWorld and Universal. There are a variety of restaurants in the area. Phone 863-424-1880.
- ThemeWorld RV Resort, 2727 Frontage Road, Davenport - Family-owned and operated campground close to Disney World and other Orlando attractions. There are a variety of restaurants in the area. Phone 863-424-8362.
Exit 33 (SR 33/CR 582)
- Lakeland RV Resort, 900 Old Combee Road, Lakeland (Exiting from westbound - turn right on N. Socrum Loop Rd to right on Old Combee Rd. Exiting from eastbound - turn left onto Hwy 33 and left again on Old Combee Rd.) - Located within the city limits of Lakeland, but just off I-4, this rv park offers daily, weekly and monthly rates. Lot of park activities and near Downtown Lakeland's Lake Mirror Park and Promenade. Phone 863-687-6146.
Exit 14 (McIntosh Rd)
- Tampa East RV Resort, 4630 McIntosh Rd., Dover - Just a few miles from Tampa and Hard Rock Casino and less than an hour from Disney World. This well-kept Sun Property rv resort offers park models and seasonally-price-adjusted daily, weekly and monthly rates for campers. Heated pools and spa, wireless Internet and fast food restaurants close-by. Phone toll free 888-479-4432.
Exit 10 (CR 579)
- Lazydays RV Campground, 6210 County Road 579, Seffner - Located just off I-4 and adjacent to LazyDays, the South's largest RV sales and service center. Amenities include free breakfast and lunch Monday through Saturday, free cable television, free high-speed wireless Internet service, free morning newspaper delivery, a screened and heated pool with Jacuzzi, daytime seminars, onsite Flying J, Cracker Barrel and Camping World. Phone toll free 800-905-6627.