Disney World provides a perfect backdrop for romance and these romance-inspired activities:
- You'll be humming Some Enchanted Evening when you and your special someone board an antique carriage at Pioneer Hall for a romantic ride through the scenic landscape of Disney's rustic Fort Wilderness Resort. Or choose a relaxing old-fashioned carriage ride departing Boatwright's Dining Hall at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort. Both 30-minute excursions are available nightly from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Call 407-WDW-PLAY for reservations.
- It takes two to enjoy the spa-tacular couples room at the Grand Floridian Spa & Health Club, located in Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. What could be more sensual than enjoying specialized spa teatments, including massages and facials, with the one you love. For more information or reservations, call 407-824-2332.
- The popular television show The Love Boat was nothing like Disney's Grand 1. The elegant 52-foot yacht offers couples romantic evening cruises along Seven Seas Lagoon for a stunning once-in-a-lifetime view of "Wishes" fireworks raining on the Magic Kingdom. Cruises begin at just under $520/hour, including captain and private deck hand. Private butler service and gourmet meals are also available. Reservations up to 90 days in advance may be made by calling 407-824-2682.
Also, at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Marina, a 1930s-style 26-foot mahogany runabout (aptly named the Breathless II) is available for private rental — half-hour cruises are $105 or for $325 couples can take an hour-long Fireworks Cruise for a one-of-a-kind view of Epcot's "IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth." Reservations can be made up to 90 days in advance by calling 407-WDW-PLAY.
- Couples can seek intimacy and romance in deluxe accommodations at Disney's most romantic resorts — from the romance of an African lodge at Animal Kingdom Lodge (Photos) to the Victorian splendor of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (Photos). Call 407-W-DISNEY for reservations.
- Perhaps one of the most romantic dining opportunities at Walt Disney World Resort is a table for two at Victoria & Albert's at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, a AAA Five-Diamond Award winning restaurant. The intimate adult-only setting features soft harp music to set the mood for the finest cuisine served on Royal Doulton china. Ladies even receive a long-stemmed red rose.
The California Grill atop Disney's Contemporary Resort offers a breathtaking view, allowing couples to catch a Florida sunset over the Magic Kingdom theme park. The restaurant's excellent cuisine and award-winning selection of California wines set the stage for a perfect evening.
Call 407-WDW-DINE for reservations or more information.
- Couples are nature lovers might enjoy a horseback ride through one of the backwoods trails at Walt Disney World Resort. Wrangler-led tours depart Trail Blaze Corral in Disney'w Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground several times daily. Reservations may be made by calling 407-WDW-PLAY.
- Couples don't need the help of a fairy godmother to find the perfect setting for a romantic fairy tale wedding because fairy tales come true at Walt Disney World Resort. Even if you're a couple that has been married for years and wish to renew your vows, a Disney vacation provides the perfect backdrop to celebrate this family milestone. For more information call 321-939-4623 or visit www.DisneyWeddings.com.
Finally, couples considering vacationing at Walt Disney World Resort might consider purchasing the guide book, Walt Disney World for Couples: With or Without Kids. The authors, Rick and Gayle Perlmutter, are not shy about sharing intimate settings and relating feel-good moments that can stoke the romantic fires, yet they do not let their feelings get in the way of honest-to-goodness, down-to-earth, what-you-need-to-know information.