One thing is always a constant at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida... that's change. Here's what's new and what's back by popular demand...
Before you Go Information
In case you missed it, Disney World quietly raised their ticket prices again on February 23, 2014. The bad news is a one day ticket now costs $99 for the Magic Kingdom! The good news is the more days you buy, the less it costs you per day — stay 10 days and get in the parks for only $35.40 per day (Park Hopper and No Expiration fees are additional). Also, effective the end of March, it will cost you $2 more to park — from $15 to $17 a day!
New 2014 Dates AnnouncedNew dates for some of Disney World's most popular events have been announced. Why not make plans now to attend?
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - March 5 thru May 18, 2014
- Star Wars Weekends - May 16 thru June 8, 2014
- Disney's Night of Joy - September 6 & 7, 2014
- Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - September 19 thru November 10, 2014
- Disney World began testing MyMagic+ early in 2014 with Walt Disney World Resort guests. MyMagic+ will be making the guest experience easier — from vacation planning with MyDisneyExperience.com to theme park visits made easier with MagicBands and FastPass+.
- While the magical transformation at the Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland opened in late 2012, it won't be complete until the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train rolls this spring.
- Beginning April 20 Anna and Elsa from Disney's "Frozen" will be moving from Epcot to Disney's Magic Kingdom. They will appear together on a daily basis at Disney's new Princess Fairytale Hall in Fantasyland. Cinderella and Rapunzel will continue their royal meet and greets there as well. This is a FastPass+ attraction.
More Coming in 2014
- A 900-acre luxury resort Four Seasons hotel is being developed along the northeast border of Disney World property. Anchored by the hotel, the development will also include an 18-hole championship golf course, single- and multi-family vacation homes and fractional ownership vacation homes.
News Makers 2011-13
Just in case you missed these changes:
- All phases of Disney's Art of Animation Resort featuring Finding Nemo, Cars, The Lion King, The Little Mermaid icons and characters opened in 2012. | Photo Tour |
- A completely reimagineered Test Track returned to Epcot in the fall of 2012.
- America's Bowling Alley, Splitsville, opened in Downtown Disney in the fall of 2012.
- Your favorite Pixar pals are performing in an all-new parade at Disney's Hollywood Studios. The parade debuted January 16, 2011 and replaced the "Block Party Bash," which had its final performance January 1, 2011.
- Star Tours re-opened May 20, 2011 to rave reviews. Its experience has been enhanced and now provides over 50 ride combinations, so riders will likely see something new every time they ride.
- Cinderella's Golden Carrousel now has a new "princely" name!
- The Main Street Electrical Parade will be staying on at Disney's Magic Kingdom indefinitely.
- Duffy the Bear now can be found at Epcot!
- RIDEMAKERZ opened its retail store at Downtown Disney and integrates full-sized cars and a supercharged interactive experience that lets guests build, customize and trick-out their very own radio-controlled vehicles. With 649-million ways to create a mean machine, the decision impaired are urged to skip this experience. (Just kidding!)
- In July 2011, the classic musical spectacular "Captain EO" returned to Epcot. Captain EO, featuring Michael Jackson, is presented multiple times daily at the Imagination pavilion in Epcot's Future World. It replaces "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience," which is planned to return at an undetermined date.
- Disney World opened its one-of-a-kind pet facility that will provide pet hospitality services including boarding, grooming and doggy day camp with amenities such as luxury suites with television and raised bedding. Your pet can participate in activities that will feature nature walks and playgroups, plus pampering services will range from ice cream treats to bedtime stories. The luxury pet resort is operated by Best Friends Pet Care.
- Rapunzel, along with Flynn Rider from the upcoming Walt Disney Pictures animated feature "Tangled," are now greeting guests of all ages in a new interactive "play and greet" offering in Fairytale Garden in Fantasyland at Disney's Magic Kingdom.
- Two new eateries opened in Epcot's World Showcase Italy and Mexico pavilions. In Italy, an authentic Neapolitan pizzeria featuring wood-burning ovens. The restaurant has indoor and outdoor seating and the menu will also feature pastas, salads, sandwiches and Italian wines. At Mexico the popular Cantina de San Angel restaurant was expanded to feature 400 seats with al fresco seating for lunch and a perfect view of "IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth," the nightly fireworks spectacular.
- If you haven't experienced the Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland in the last year, the newly imagined land features an expanded "Dumbo the Flying Elephant," ride (now there's two Dumbos), as well as the air-conditioned, indoor, interactive area that serves the double attraction with a circus theme. Also, open is the Under the Sea~Journey of the Little Mermaid, Enchanted Tales with Belle and Ariel's Grotto; and, the Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station will cool you off in the summer heat.
- Fantasy becomes a reality at Disney's Princess Fairytale Hall in Fantasyland. Loyal subjects big and small can visit either Cinderella or Rapunzel and their princess friends in their royal chambers where guests can get autographs and photos!