Valentine's Day — the special day when cupid shoots us with his bow and arrow, our thoughts turn to love, and we remember our significant others with heart-shaped boxes of chocolates, beautiful flowers and cards... lots and lots of cards.
Many of us seek that perfect activity to mark the occasion as well — dining out is probably the most popular. Of course, anyone will tell you that you get extra points for being creative, so for the romance-challenged here are a few suggestions:
- Take a romantic stroll on the beach and enjoy a sunset.
- Enjoy one of Florida's sunset celebrations
- You definitely can't go wrong with any of these top 5 romantic Florida getaways.
- Stroll downtown Lakeland's Lake Mirror Park and the beautiful Hollis Garden.
- Find a world of romance at Disney World, where you can stay at a romantic resort and enjoy a romantic carriage ride; or, enjoy one of these four romantic things to do in Disney World on Valentine's Day.
- These 10 bed and breakfast getaways offer romance-inspired accommodations and nearby activities that will provide an overall satisfying experience.
- Lakeridge Winery offers complimentary wine tastings and tours. While you'll be among others for the tasting, it would be fun to pick out a bottle of wine together to enjoy later in the evening.
- Whatever your style of accommodations — intimate hideaways, small historic inns, grand old hotels or sprawling resorts — we all know that love is in the amenities, whether it is a couples spa treatment, gourmet-style dining, or moonlit carriage rides... these ideas rock!
- Take a Valentine's Day dinner cruise in Coconut Grove. The evening cruise includes champagne and hors d'oeuvres upon boarding and a buffet dinner. A DJ will be on hand to keep the party going with dancing on the upper deck.
- Or, if you're on the other coast, specifically in Tampa, Yacht StarShip Cruise Dining Cruises have Valentine's weekend dinner cruises. Pick any day from Friday, February 11 through Sunday, February 13. The reasonably-priced dinner cruises include a three-course meal, private table, DJ and dancing on the lounge deck. Oh, let's not forget the unforgettable views of Tampa Bay!
And, if you're one of the lucky ones to give or get a ring? It's not too early to begin planning your wedding. Florida offers perfect fairy tale wedding destinations and romantic honeymoon destinations too.