ICE! will return to the Gaylord Palms Resort again this year to chill and thrill guests as part of the resort's holiday celebration. The holiday attraction is one of the coolest and most spectacular in the nation... and it happens in sunny Orlando, Florida.
Hand-carved from nearly two-million pounds of ice, the Christmas attraction has garnered national recognition from USA Today, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Southern Living magazine, and Travel + Leisure magazine.
For over ten years, the popular family experience has been giving guests a chance to visit a whimsical winter wonderland of interactive environments and larger-than-life, three-dimensional ice monuments and sculptures. The enormous structure used to house ICE! — dubbed "The Florida Fridge" — is cooled to a chilly nine degrees, making it necessary for the resort to provide over-sized parkas for visitors to wear.
The Gaylord Hotels' alliance with DreamWorks Animation will again be present in this year's ICE! Guests will relive the heartwarming story of Frosty the Snowman as the television star is brought to life through colorful and interactive ice sculptures.
New this year, guests will enjoy "Artisans in Action" — a LIVE ice carving zone! Watch a masterful ice carvers from Harbin, China up close as he creates amazing sculptures before your eyes. Finally, your awe-inspiring experience concludes with the wonder and majesty of the Nativity scene on ice!
After freezing your "noses and toeses," you'll be ready to enjoy a cup of hot cocoa in the ICE! Cavern, a pre- and post-show area, where the ICE! experience continues. Enjoy additional "Best of Florida Christmas" activities, such as family shows, atmosphere entertainment, special meals and visits with Santa and festive decorations throughout the resort.
These are special holiday events you won't want to miss!
- Live performances of your favorite Christmas tunes in the Emerald Bay Plaza.
- Get in the holiday spirit during the nightly Christmas Tree Lighting accompanied by a heart-warming stage revue.
- Enjoy Luminescense, an unforgettable, high-energy modern musical journey into Christmas featuring special effects, dazzling lighting and aerial choreography telling the story of Christmas.
- Engage in your own Polar Bear Pursuit Scavenger Hunt and find the mischievous polar bears hiding throughout the atrium. Find the all and be eligible to win a Gaylord Palms VIP Getaway.
- Children of all ages can visit with Santa Claus... or send him an email.
Christmassy DreamWorks Experience Packages
The Christmas at Gaylord Palms starts at $279 for first two occupants per room, per night, plus tax includes:
- One-night accommodation
- Welcome Amenity
- Tickets to ICE! featuring Frosty the Snowman (unlimited admission)
- Dreamworks' Holiday Meet & Greets
- ShrekFeast Interactive Character Meal
- DreamWorks Themed Scavenger Hunt
- Souvenir family photo (one per room)
ICE! will be open daily during the holiday season from November 23, 2013 through January 5, 2014. Discounted tickets are available online in advance ($14.99/child 4-12; $26.99/senior 55+; $28.99/adult 13+). Box office tickets are $29.99 for adults (13+), $28.99 for seniors (55+), $16.99 for children (ages 4-12), and children ages 3 and under are free. Marriott rewards members save 20% on ICE! (Discount available: November 24-December 19, 2013; excluding Saturdays).
Further information regarding tickets, special holiday packages or reservations is available online at www.gaylordpalms.com or by calling 407-586-4-ICE.
The Gaylord Palms Resort is located at 6000 W. Osceola Parkway in Kissimmee. >Driving Directions