About Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport:
Serving more than 23 million passengers annually, Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport is ranked 21st in the nation. The airport offers more than 250 daily flights, serving the Canada, the Caribbean, Latin American and the United States.
Originally established as the Merle Fogg Field in May of 1929, the airport was named for a World War I aviator who moved to Fort Lauderdale in the 1920s to start his own flying service. In 1942, the airfield became Fort Lauderdale Naval Air Station and served as a training facility during World War II.
The airport's history includes the training in 1943 of the Navy's youngest pilot and later the nation's 41st President — Ensign George H. W. Bush.
After the war, in January of 1948, Broward County assumed control of the facility and in 1953 formally took ownership of the airport. In 1956, the first scheduled airline service was introduced by Mackey Airlines.
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport is served by most major airlines, providing nonstop daily and connecting service to national and international destinations.
- Air Canada 1-888-247-2262
- Air Jamaica 1-800-523-5585
- Air Sunshine 1-800-435-8900
- Air Transat 1-877-872-6728
- AirTran 1-800-AIRTRAN
- Alaska Airlines 1-800-252-7522
- Allegiant 1-702-505-8888
- American Airlines 800-433-7300
- Avianca Airlines 1-800-284-2622
- Bahamasair 1-800-222-4262
- Canjet Airlines 1-800-809-7777
- Caribbean Airlines 1-800-920-4225
- Condor Airlines 1-866-960-7915
- Delta Air Lines 1-800-221-1212
- Florida Coastal Airlines 1-954-772-9808
- Frontier 1-800-432-1359
- Gulfstream International Airlines 1-800-525-0280
- IBC Airways 1-954-834-1700
- Jet Blue Airways 1-800-538-2583
- Skybahamas Airlines 1-954-357-0696
- Southwest Airlines 1-800-435-9792
- Spirit Airlines 1-800-772-7117
- Sun Air International 1-877-226-2040
- Sunwing Airlines 1-877-786-9464
- United 1-800-523-3273
- US Airways 1-800-428-4322
- Virgin America 1-877-359-8474
- WestJet 1-888-937-8538
Transportation To & From Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International:
- Advantage Rent A Car 1-800-777-5500
- Alamo 1-888-826-6893
- Avis 1-800-831-2847
- Budget 1-800-527-0700
- Dollar Car Rental 1-800-800-4000
- Enterprise 1-800-736-8222
- E-Z Rent A Car 1-800-277-5171
- Hertz 1-800-654-3131
- National Car Rental 888-826-6890
- Payless 1-800-729-5377
- Royal 1-800-314-8616
- Thrifty Car Rental 1-800-847-4389
Taxi services are regulated by law in Broward County. Please call Yellow Cab 1-954-777-7777.
Also available are bus service and tri-rail transportation. Free shuttle buses run from FLL to the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport Station at Dania Beach. Both buses and tri-rail shuttles run daily.