Planning a vacation to Florida today requires a little more than loading the luggage into the car and having the right map. Attention to a few details before you pack can help make sure you reach your destination safely.
Driving to Florida - Attention to a few details before you pack can help make sure you reach your destination safely.
Driving to Disney World - Taking your car to Disney World has the potential of saving a lot of money, so here's everything you need to know about driving to Disney World.
Driving Distance Chart - Chart the mileage between major Florida cities.
It's the LAW!
- In Florida it is perfectly legal to turn right at a red traffic light provided there is no traffic coming or a sign telling you otherwise.
- The driver and front seat passenger must wear seat belts and every passenger in the vehicle under the age of 18 MUST be restrained by a safety belt or by a child restraint device, regardless of seating position.
- Florida law requires all children five years of age or younger be restrained in a proper child restraint system.
- Do NOT drink and drive! Florida has one of the toughest DUI laws in the U.S. Before you get behind the wheel of a vehicle in Florida, know the law.
- Florida’s “Move Over Act," passed in 2002, requires drivers to move over to the next lane or slow down (at least 20 miles below the posted speed limit) while approaching emergency vehicles that are stopped on interstate or other highways.
- Beware of Florida's red light cameras at major intersections. Snapshots of red light runners are reviewed by law enforcement and citations issued via mail.