Are you looking for accommodations that are just a little out of the ordinary? Try one of these unusual places to stay on your next vacation or getaway:
1) Nickelodeon Family Suites - OrlandoNot just a place to sleep... it's like staying in a theme park! Not only will you stay in themed family suites, but you'll enjoy two great water parks, games, entertainment and everything Nickelodeon... including the slime!
2) Caribbean Beach Resort - Disney World
Ahoy Maties! The 384 rooms of Trinidad South in Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort have received a special makeover. Swashbucklers will delight in pirate-themed furnishings that include unique pirate ship beds (two doubles only), shipping crate dressers and other themed decor.
3) Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Disney WorldExperience the spirit of Africa -- go on safari without leaving your balcony! As the sun rises above the savannah you can sip your morning coffee and enjoy a front row seat to a giraffe searching the tall trees for a morning meal or watch gazelles kick up their heels to welcome the day. Until now, the only place to experience anything comparable was at a wildlife reserve in Africa, but now guests at Walt Disney World Resort can recreate this experience every day.
4) Jules Underwater Lodge - Key LargoSleeping beneath the ocean is no longer just a dream... it can be a reality! Checking in at this hotel requires a check of your diving certification because it's a 21-foot dive to the entrance. Don't worry if you aren't certified... you can take a class and make this a real adventure!
5) Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino - Tampa & HollywoodNever-ending nightlife rocks on! Two Florida locations provide 24-hour-a-day casino action. Each location features four-star contemporary hotel decorated inside with an amazing display of autographed, one-of-a-kind music memorabilia. Spacious retreat-like deluxe rooms feature endless amenities, while the restaurants and casino offer limitless entertainment.
6) Gaylord Palms Resort - OrlandoGlass-enclosed atrium puts best of Florida under glass! Imagine a 4.5 acre atrium with themed environments that depict such popular Florida destinations as Key West, St. Augustine, the Emerald Coast and the Everglades. Plus, a unique area designed in the grand style of 19th century Florida resorts, known as Emerald Bay. Like the atrium, distinctive themes — Key West, St. Augustine, Everglades and Emerald Bay — characterize the 1,406 guest rooms. It's like touring Florida without leaving your hotel!
7) Island Hotel Bed & Breakfast - Cedar KeySpirits are said to inhabit this historical hotel! Whether you "believe" or not, hotel staff and locals insist that an unlucky number of 13 bona fide spirits inhabit this old hotel. In 1999, the Fox Network television series Haunted Inns & Mansions filmed a segment here and anytime the segment replays, reservations spike as people come to search for real proof that ghosts actually do exist.
8) The Florida Mall Hotel - OrlandoShopping is just steps away! Combine your stay with steps-away shopping at one of Orlando's largest indoor malls — The Florida Mall — which is adjacent to the main lobby, then take a break to soak up the sun beside the sparkling pool.
9)Disney's Pop Century Resort - Disney WorldDisney resort takes guests on historic journey of 20th Century American Pop Culture! Do you remember when you saved every penny of your allowance to buy the latest 45 rpm record? Or when "walkin' the dog" wasn't about canines, but the yo-yo craze? Or when you solved (or at least tried to solve) your first Rubik's Cube? Or rock-and-roll and table-top jukeboxes? Pop Century Resort features lodge buildings and furnishings inspired by different decades with giant pop culture icons — yo-yos, Rubik's cubes, jukeboxes and more — that celebrate the decade they were introduced in, or when they gained their greatest popularity. It's like a walk down memory lane!