Mickey's Boo-To-You Parade is presented on 24 magical nights in September and October, and is one of the highlights of Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Even if you typically skip the parades, this one makes the list of "must do" attractions. On par with the spectacular Main Street Electrical Parade, Boo-To-You presents one thrilling sight after another, and does an excellent job of mingling villains and traditional Disney characters. If you only can see only one parade in October at Disney World, this is the one to pick.
While it is always nice to see Mickey Mouse and other classic Disney characters, the villains and darker Disney attractions are the stars of this parade. Look for several floats bearing pirates, from Captain Hook to Captain Jack Sparrow; and, don't miss the tick-tocking hungry crocodile trailing behind them. You'll also spot a rare glimpse of the Lost Boys and Wendy as they frolic with Peter Pan.
The vignette inspired by the Haunted Mansion steals the show, and rightly so, considering the spooky theme of this parade. This set leads off with a real life version of the iconic "caretaker and dog" scene in the ride; though the real life bloodhound participating in the parade is in vigorous good health, unlike his emaciated ride counterpart.
Next up is a troupe of "grave diggers." Outfitted in spooky style, they perform a percussion set, using their earth-covered shovels as instruments. Be ready for a surprise; they conclude this set by scraping the shovels across the ground in unison, creating a shower of sparks.
The Haunted Mansion segment concludes with a group of waltzing zombie-fied dancers, who look as though they just climbed out of the grave. In turns elegant and haunting, this troupe mimics the "ghost dance" scene in the Haunted Mansion.
Look for other floats inspired by your favorite rides, including Splash Mountain, Goofy's Barnstormer and Snow White's Scary Adventures. Smaller guests will love seeing Pooh, Tigger and the gang dressed in costume; while older kids and teens will enjoy the rockin' tunes played by the zombie band.
There is something for everyone in Mickey's Boo-To-You Parade. Whether you want to have fun matching the floats with the rides they are inspired by or simply want to relax and take in Disney at its best, you will enjoy the Boo-To-You.
While some vignettes feature villains or dark themed attractions, the parade is lightened up with appearances by Mickey, Minnie and other classic Disney characters. Even small children will enjoy watching their favorites dance and frolic, and may even get to say hello to a Disney princess or two.
- Watch the whole parade, and stick around to the very end, when Goofy's Candy Company passes out chocolate treats to the crown.
- If the parade is not your thing, this is an ideal time to hit the trick or treat or photography stations, the crowds there will be limited.
- Seat small children in front so they can see the parade. This will allow them to get close to the characters and also keep the kids from being trampled by foot traffic by-passing the parade to get to a ride.
Cautions and Warnings:
- While this parade is part of the "not so scary" party, some images and costumes may be frightening to small or sensitive children. The parade does move quickly, so if you spot something scary, it will pass in a moment.
- Secure your seat along the parade in advance, particularly if you are interested in viewing the first parade of the evening. There will be a lot of other people interested in seeing the parade as well, so snag a good spot and hold on to it.
- The parade begins in Frontierland, so it won't be easy to walk to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad or Splash Mountain during this event.