Excitement is building — one might say block by block — since LEGOLAND® Florida opened October 15, 2011. The 150-acre family theme park features 10 lands, more than 50 interactive rides, shows and attractions including amazing LEGO models.
Situated on the former site of Cypress Gardens, one of Florida's oldest attractions that closed permanently in September, 2009, LEGOLAND Florida is located just 45 minutes southwest of Orlando in Central Florida's scenic Winter Haven, Florida.
Those that have enjoyed strolling the beautiful pathways of Cypress Gardens will be happy to know that the state has protected the historic gardens. The display of more than 8,000 plants from more than 90 countries will remain unaffected for future generations to enjoy.
The new park is geared toward families with children between the ages of 2 and 12, but anyone who has ever loved those brightly colored plastic blocks will surely be able to reconnect with their inner-child. Fun, interactive, hands-on activities are sure to engage everyone in the family!
In an announcement from the park's location on October 21, 2010, Adrian Jones, LEGOLAND Florida's General Manager said, "With exactly one year until we open, the countdown really begins now. We are thrilled to announce the layout of the park and give details of what rides and attractions will be housed in each of our ten specially-themed lands. Much thought and creativity has gone into the design of this fantastic park and we are excited to present it for the first time today."
The Ten Lands of LEGOLAND Florida:
- The Beginning will feature the park entry, ticket and pass sales, a restaurant and The Big Shop, one of the largest retail stores in the world where guests can purchase a large selection of LEGO and LEGOLAND merchandise.
- Fun Town will welcome guests to LEGOLAND with a Factory Tour, where they get a firsthand look at how LEGO bricks are made from start to finish. Also, the Fun Town Theater, the largest ever LEGOLAND 4-D theaters, will offer four different 4-D movies.
- Miniland USA is where the real LEGO fun begins with seven specially themed areas, including Washington, D.C., New York City, Las Vegas and Florida highlights. Florida will encompass the entire state from Mallory Square in Key West to Bok Tower in Central Florida and antebellum mansions in the Panhandle.
- Step back to medieval times at Castle Hill where spells will be cast and and knights, damsels and dragons will be found along a spirited roller coaster ride or on a LEGO-themed horseback ride.
- Land of Adventure will beckon adventurers of all ages to explore hidden tombs and hunt for treasure on exciting rides and interactions.
- XTreme describes the LEGO TECHNIC® Test Track roller coaster and AQUAZONE® Wave Racers carousel ride!
- LEGO City, a scaled-down town created just for youngsters, will feature a "real-life" driving experience where kids can receive their official LEGOLAND driver license. Kids also can feel the thrill of flight in an inverted steel coaster or be put to the test with their family at a fire academy.
- The Imagination Zone encourages exploring and creation while showcasing exciting LEGO models.
- Pirate's Cove is a swashbuckling live-action water stunt show along the shores of Lake Eloise that will be replacing Cypress Gardens' popular ski show.
- DUPLO® Village will be the ideal adventure for toddlers. All the rides are designed with their height in mind.
Advance tickets are on sale now with special pricing available to those who act early. General admission for adults ages 13-59 is $75, plus tax. Children (ages 3-12) and seniors (60+) general admission is $65, plus tax. Children under age three are free.
Purchase annual passes for:
- The Standard Annual Pass is $129* for adults and $99 for ages 3-12 and 60+ includes unlimited LEGOLAND Florida admission.
- The Plus Annual Pass is $159* for adults and $129 for children and seniors. It includes free parking, as well as food and merchandise discounts.
- The Ambassador Pass provides lifetime admission to LEGOLAND Florida, perferred parking, special events and discounts on food and merchandise — all for $2,500*.
*All pass prices do not include sales tax.
LEGOLAND Florida is located at 6000 Cypress Gardens Boulevard, Winter Haven, Florida.
From Orlando: I-4 West to Exit 55 (US Hwy 27 South). Travel south on Hwy 27. Turn right on St. Rd. 540 (Cypress Gardens Boulevard). Park is four miles on the left.
From Tampa: I-4 EAST to Exit 27 (Polk County Parkway) to Winter Haven Exit (Second Toll Booth) at S.R. 540 and travel eight miles to Hwy 17 North. Drive two miles on Hwy 17 North, over the bridge to first light and turn right.