Play host or play tourist, spend the day or an evening, bring the family or make it a date – there is something for the whole family to enjoy. As their brochure puts it so perfectly. . . come play the waterfront way!
Shop for everything from the latest fashions, jewelry, and handcrafted treasures to our favorites – fudge and ice cream. Visit the Pier Aquarium, tank up at the expansive food court, feed the pelicans at the Baithouse, fish, rent surrey bicycles or solar-surrey boats, dine in style at several up-scale restaurants, dance the night away under the stars, or simply enjoy the fantastic views.
What to Do
- Fishing - Fishing takes place along the approach to the pier and the sea walls. Fishing poles and bait can be purchased at The Pier Bait House.
- Fun Wheel Rentals - Rent surrey-type two-, four- and six-seater bicycles and chopper-style bikes to ride around the pier and downtown St. Petersburg.
- Dolphin Queen Sightseeing Tours - Board a 70-person, 38 ft. Catamaran for a tour of the waters of Tampa Bay and guaranteed dolphin sighting. Tours begin at 11:30, 1:00, 3:00 and 5:00 daily. Cost is $17 for adults, $14 for seniors (over 54), military (with ID) $14, $9.50 for children 3-12 and under 3 ride FREE.
- Pier Aquarium - Located on the second floor of The Pier, admission is $5 per adult, $4 for students (age 7+) and seniors (65+), and free to children age six and under. Sunday admission is $2.50 for adults, students and seniors. The Pier Aquarium is open Monday through Saturday from 10 am until 8 pm and Sunday from noon until 6 pm.
- The Electric Marina - The 21-foot eletric boats are safe, fumeless and so quiet you'll swear you can hear the dolphins rave! Bare boat or captained, picnic-style or catered are available too. Located at the approach to The Pier, behind the Museum of History. Seats up to 10 people.
Where to Eat
- Captain Al's Waterfront Bar & Grill - Casual, fun dining on the water's edge, featuring All-American food. Indoor seating and outdoor patio and tikki bar area.
- Cha Cha Coconuts Tropical Bar & Grill - Tropical Bar and Grill serving inside and outside dining. Sandwiches, salads, cocktails, sodas and more. Cha Cha Coconuts is available for private functions on the 5th level.
- Columbia Restaurant - Sit-down restaurant featuring a panoramic fourth floor view of Tampa Bay which complements the savory Spanish/Cuban cuisine. Open 365 days a year serving lunch and dinner daily. Reservations are accepted, but not necessary.
- Fresco's Waterfront Bar & Grill - Fresh Medetteranean fare served with a waterfront appeal.
Information and DirectionsThe Pier is open 365 days a year. Hours are Monday through Thursday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Attraction and restaurant hours vary. Parking is available at special parking lots - the Dolphin and Pelican Parking Lots for $3 ($5 for special events). Trolleys will transport you from the parking areas. Valet parking is available for a nominal charge of $4 per car ($6 for special events).
Located on the waterfront in downtown St. Petersburg, The Pier extends a quarter-mile into the waters of Tampa Bay and the straights of the Gulf of Mexico. It is just minutes from Tampa and Florida's famous gulf beaches.
From I-275, take exit 10 to Beach Drive. Turn South to 2nd Avenue N.E. The Pier is located at the end of 2nd Avenue N.E.