Vacationers flock to Florida in the winter for a good reason — the weather. While much of the United States is experiencing freezing temperatures and snow, Florida is comfortable and sunny during the day. Expect daytime temperatures in the low 70's and bring a warm jacket for mornings and evenings. A sweater or sweatshirt will keep you warm and comfortable most February afternoons.
Runners will enjoy the Princess Half Marathon events happening this month. Even if you don't run, you can cheer the princess athletes on to victory. Not a runner? You can still spot your favorite Disney Princesses in the parks.
February is also an ideal time to get your favorite princess a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique makeover or a haircut at the quaint Harmony Barbershop. Not only will your little one have a blast; the makeover will last longer since you won't be hitting the pool each day.
Book your vacation for the first week of February if you want to avoid crowds. Attendance is typically low the first week, but rises steadily throughout the month. Attendance will peak at the end of February, thanks in part to the President's Day holiday, so read up on the FastPass+ system before your trip.
While June is for brides, February is for couples, thanks to Valentine's Day. Spend a memorable day with your Valentine at one of the theme parks, then head to one of Disney's fine dining establishments for a romantic dinner for two. Even if you are on a family vacation, you can take advantage of one of the Child Activity Centers located at select Disney resorts and get a little private time with your spouse.
- Early February is a great time to take a baby or toddler to Disney World, thanks to the comfortable temperatures and reduced wait times at the beginning of the month.
- If you have never tried some of Disney's outdoor activities like biking or horseback riding at Fort Wilderness, consider adding something healthy and fun to your schedule. Your chance of a reptile or insect encounter drops dramatically in the winter.
- Disney offers some great snacks and beverages. While you may not want to sip something piping hot in July, February is an ideal time for a hot, comforting drink.
Cautions and Warnings:
- While the pools at Disney World are heated to a comfortable temperature, the chilly February temperatures may keep you out of the pool.
- Some park hours may be reduced in early February due to low crowd levels, so your late night choices may be limited to a single theme park.
- Long Line Alert! The third week of February is typically very crowded, thanks in part to the President's Day holiday in the U.S.