Cell phones, hats, shoes, sunglasses, iPods and even dentures are just a few of the items that show up in the "Lost and Found" department at Disney World. If you have lost something while visiting the parks, there is a good chance you will be able to retrieve it. In some cases, the item can find its way back to you weeks after your visit — as long as you leave your home address with the helpful cast members from the "Lost and Found" department.
If you lose an item in a Disney World theme park:
- If you realize the item is missing right away, return to the attraction or location you last had it. If you lost something in line, in a store, or on a ride, the object may still be at that location. Ask a cast member at the location for assistance.
- If you realize the item is missing, but you are not sure where you lost it, head to guest services. Give the cast member at the desk a description of the item, including any identifying marks. Lost items are sent to guest services before making the journey to Lost and Found.
- If guest services doesn't have your lost item, or if a day has passed since you lost it, you can call the Lost and Found department for your location. Be prepared to describe your item and give your home address and other information.
To contact Lost and Found:
- Call the Disney World Information Line at 407-824-4321 during normal business hours (9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.)
- Press "0" to reach an operator
- Ask for the Lost and Found department. You will need to tell the operator when and where your item went missing.
- Speak to the Lost and Found cast member and tell them about the missing item, including what it is, a description, and any identifying marks.
- Give your resort info and your home address. If your item shows up after you have departed Disney World, Lost and Found will return it to you by mail if possible.
Items are lost at Disney World every day — with the sheer number of guests and so many distractions, it is easy to see why. Thankfully, most items find their way to the Lost and Found department, and you stand a good chance of being reunited with your missing item if you contact them.