Walt Disney World Resort introduced a value-level resort experience — priced below its moderate and deluxe accommodations — in the mid-1990s, and through a three-phase expansion completed in 1999, has a total of 5,760 "value-category" rooms currently available at the three All-Star resorts, with room rates as low as $82.00 per night and All-Star Music Family Suites as low as $184 (all rates based on the season).
Here's what budget-conscious vacationers will find:
- Disney's All-Star Music Resort doesn't "miss a beat" with giant banjos, guitars, trombones, conga drums and maracas that stand out among the collection of three-story buidlings that feature themes like Broadway, Calypso, Jazz, Country and Rock 'n Roll. The music theme continues into the two pools, one in the shape of a guitar and the other a grand piano.
Disney's All-Star Music Suites will sleep a family of six and feature two full baths, a kitchenette with microwave and refrigerator and a 27" flat-screen TV in the master bedroom.
- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort features larger-than-life big stars like a 35-foot-tall Buzz Lightyear from the movie Toy Story and a 21-foot-tall Herbie. You'll also delight in colossal images from 101 Dalmatians, Fantasia and The Mighty Ducks. Cinematic swims can be taken in the hockey rink-themed pool in the Mighty Ducks or join Sorcerer Mickey as he directs a liquid symphony at the Fantasia Pool.
- Disney's All-Star Sports Resort "sports" gigantic football helmets, megaphones, surfboards and basketballs that team up with value prices to "score" a winning Disney World vacation. You'll cheer at the pool in the shape of a baseball infield.
Value-resort accommodations may be the least expensive Disney has to offer, but they feature a number of Disney hotel advantages:
- Kids under 3 are provided free admission to all Walt Disney World theme parks.
- Kids ages 17-and-under stay at no additional charge in their parents' room (up to the designated room capactiy).
- Guests save on gas and parking fees by using a transportation system of buses, monorails and water launches available to them — absolutely free.
- Food courts featuring kid-favorite and parent-approved fares.
- Themed pools along with a kiddie pool.
- Retail stores and gift shops.
- Fun arcades.
- Laundry facilities.